Strategic Plan (Meeting Notes - Spring 2009)
Cross of Hope's strategic plan was revisited by the church Council, staff, and congregation in three planning sessions held during the Spring of 2009. The following information came from those planning sessions.
God gathers us at Cross of Hope to love Him, love one another, and help people meet, know, and grow in Jesus Christ.
- Accessible: We strive to present the Gospel in a way that allows every person to know and accept God's grace and salvation.
- Service-Oriented: We seek to reach out to meet others' needs in loving kindness.
- Nourishing: We encourage and support one another to grow in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Biblically-Based: We rely on God's word as illuminated by the Holy Spirit as the source of truth and wisdom.
- Friendly: We extend Christ's love in friendship to all.
- Adult Education: Education opportunities for young adults; adult education offered at varied times on Sundays and weekdays; more publicity in the church and community; survey of interests; draw on spiritual gift inventories to find facilitators and teachers.
- Service: Good Samaritan Fund (with funding); referral system; respite care; visiting homebound; senior assistance; resurrect the Stephen Ministry; match needs to resources; increase congregational awareness; benevolence and possible separate collection; provide support to existing ministries; open the facility to community-based groups (such as AA and Boy Scouts).
- Youth: Reinvigorate Sunday School; SHY Sunday School; MHY/SHY Summer Group; dedicated education hour for all; enlist the congregation in recruiting students for the school; re-write "shopping bag" information.
- Prayer: Celebrate and value individual gifts, differences, and styles in prayer; public laying on of hands; reminding others; confidence in prayer; designated prayer warriors for each service; provide an opportunity for prayer with someone else after service times; education surrounding all the purposes of prayer, what prayer is, benefits of prayer, types of prayer; Prayer Chain and e-mail and phone; advertised e-mail address to request prayer; dedicated times to pray; training class on prayer; class on doing and following God's will; regular prayer warrior meetings; prayer vigils; re-vamp prayers of the church; specifically pray for Council, schools, teacher, pastor, children, representatives to Synod events, and knowing God's will for Cross of Hope.
- Logistics: Building Task Force; fill positions, including new property manager; address current facility needs; recruit a logistics coordinator; oversee scheduling and resources; address time and talents database.
- Communication: Share concerns; communication from and to leadership; policies, procedures, and concerns; meeting minutes and finances; open forums with written notes and answers to questions; address written communication (e-mails, internet, newsletter, papers at church).
- Healing: One-on-one; small groups; follow-up so that leadership is apprised of situations and need for continued one-on-one or small group times.
- Finance and Stewardship: Re-energize the Building Task Force; continue the planning process for space that began with the "Sharing More Hope / Than EVER" Campaign; be creative in finding solutions to space needs; support Sunday School; encourage and support members to be "first fruit" givers and our church to give "first fruits" from a faith budget; offer scripture-based financial classes to help budgeting and faith; look for God-sized work and Him calling us; encourage spiritual gift giving of time; increase the number of volunteers in ways that save money and resources.